For the pastry
225g gluten-free white flour blend
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
110g diced cold unsalted butter
1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp of water
For the filling
200g of shredded crab
Drizzle of oil
Dried chilli flakes
Any leftover vegetables
- In a bowl, add the flour, xanthan gum, salt and butter, rub together with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the egg with a knife, then knead on a clean, lightly dusted work surface to form a smooth dough.
- Use the dough to line a 23cm/9in loose-bottomed tart tin, prick the base all over with a fork and leave to rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Line the pastry with parchment paper and weigh down with rice or ceramic baking beans. Bake the pastry blind for 10-15 minutes, remove the paper and rice or beans and return the pastry case to the oven for a few minutes more, until light golden-brown.
- For the filling, mix the ingredients in a bowl and pour into the pastry case. Return to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
as seen in episode